Blogs and Publications
- Mashable – Social Media News
- Social Media Examiner – Case Studies and Resources
- Mobile Marketer – The latest in Mobile Marketing
- IMedia Connection – Big Brand and Agency Social Media Resource
- EMarketer – Stats on Social Media
- Altimeter – Advanced social media for big organizations
Social Media Efficiency
- Hootsuite – Most popular tool for managing Twitter & other social networks
- Buffer App – Easy sharing tool for social networks
- Agorapulse – Social media scheduling tool
- TweetDeck – Similar to Hootsuite but with a desktop version
- Social Oomph – Advanced Twitter management tool
- Sendible – Social media management
- Asana – task management application
Cool Social Media Tools
- Rapportive – Gmail plugin that shows social media profiles of the people you are emailing with
- Tweetdeck – Manage multiple Twitter accounts, monitor hashtags, mentions and notifications
- Curator.io – Add a social media feed to your website.
- Tap Bio – Create personalized, branded mini websites filled with all the links you want to share with your Instagram followers.
- Promo Image Resizer – Image resizer for YouTube thumbnails, social media channel art, etc.
- Promo Templates – Promo.com gives you everything you need to make high-performing videos that will boost your business.
- Facebook Video Covers – Create a video cover for your Facebook Page.
Content Marketing Tools
- Headline Analyzer – To help you write catchy headlines
- Portent Content Idea Generator – Enter a keyword and get inspiration for post headlines
- Ubersuggest – Suggests keyword ideas based on a term you type in
- Open Site Explorer – Type in competitive URLs to see what your competition is optimizing for
- Crazy Egg – Heat map and scroll map reports
- User Input – On-demand feedback from real people about your website
- Moat – Gain insight into competitor display ads
- Answer The Public – Ask the Seeker. Enter your keyword and the Seeker will suggest content ideas in seconds.
- Rev.com – Get quick and accurate .srt files to add captions to your videos
- Wordstream – Free keyword research tool
- Google Search Quality Guidelines – If you want to create quality content to Google’s standards, then follow this guide.
- Google Keyword Planner – Helps you discover keywords
- Google Analytics – Website analytics and reports
- Google Search Console – See how Google views your website and gain insights into keywords your site is ranking for
- Bing Webmaster Tools – Similar to Google Search Console, with keyword research and backlink tools
- BackLink Checker – See what sites are linking back to you
- PageRank Checker – Check your Google Page Rank score
- SEM Rush – Gain insight into competitor strategies
- Google Trends – See the latest keyword trends locally and globally
- Yoast – SEO plugin for WordPress
- Bitly – URL shortener and analytics to discover how people are viewing the URL’s you share
- Spyfu – Gain insight into competitor strategies
- Xenu’s Link Sleuth – Find broken links on web sites
- Screaming Frog – Crawl websites to evaluate onsite SEO
- Periodic Table of SEO Factors – A chart of the key organic search ranking factors
Online Marketing Tools
- Google Apps – Business email and calendar
- Big Money Cart – Online Shopping Cart
- ScaleSquad – Amazing Low Cost Websites for digital agencies.
Email Marketing Software
- Mailchimp – Marketing automation platform and email marketing service
- Constant Contact – Email Marketing software and service
- Campaign Monitor – Email Marketing application for business
- icontact – Email Marketing platform for businesses of any size
- Infusionsoft – Small Business CRM, Sales & Marketing Software
- AWeber – Email Marketing service provider
- Pardot – B2B Marketing automation
- Popup White Screen – Create a background free of distraction. Or, opt for the upgraded version with four color options.
- Small Ring Light – For individual use on a webcam
- Large Free-standing Ring Light – Lighting for interviews or larger productions
- External Microphone – For recording or streaming on Mac or PC
- Professional External Microphone – For recording or streaming on Mac or PC
- Professional Webcam – Premium video quality that makes you look like a Pro
View an Idea List with all recommended video equipment from Amazon here.
Other Amazing Resources
- Free Music Archive – Royalty free music and sound files
- G2 Crowd – Compare software options based on validated, real user reviews
- JotForm – Easy to use online form builder
- Lynda.com – Online learning for technical skills
- Evernote – Keep notes (text, photos, etc) with you and organized everywhere
- Dry Erase Board WallPaper – From Amazon (OK, this isn’t a social media tool)
- Piktochart – Create your own infographics
- Canva – Free graphic design tool with tons of templates
- Internet Archive – Free access to billions of archived web pages
- Pexels – Best free stock photos all in one place
- Unsplash – Beautiful, free stock photos
- Pixabay – Over 1.2 million free stock photos
- Pixaloop – Create cool, animated images from your photos
- Influence – Search for Influencers
Books I Recommend
- Social PR Secrets by Lisa Buyer – Combine social and PR
- Influence by Robert Cialdini – Learn what motivates people
- Groundswell – How social media is changing the world
- Trust Agents by Chris Brogan – How to build trust with your audience as an expert
- Primal Branding – Key elements to build brand advocates
- The Compound Effect – General business success tips
*** Note: I recommend all products and resources because I truly believe that they can help you. In some cases I earn a small affiliate commission on sales.