August 2021 Digital Marketing News Updates
Facebook News Updates
- Facebook Launches Campaign Idea Generator – This is a tool that will use Facebook assets to create campaign assets quickly. If you are stuck on ideas this can be a great tool.
- Facebook Launches Creative Guidance Navigator – With data-backed guidance on how to improve campaign performance.
- Facebook Earnings Show Increase in Users and Revenue – The latest quarterly results show continued growth.
- Facebook Launches Expert Features for Groups – A variety of tools allow experts to be featured and gain more visibility on the platform.
Twitter News Updates
- Twitter Announces Strong Q2 Results – Revenue is up dramatically 74% and daily users is also growing 11%.
- Twitter Drops Fleets – Fleets were only launched a year ago to compete with Stories. They haven’t received a lot of usage and are being removed from the platform.
Instagram News Updates
- Instagram Reels can be up to 60 Seconds – Reels are following the lead from TikTok by extending the maximum length.
- Instagram Story Drafts – Are now available to all users 😉
- Instagram TESTS Letting All Users Add Links to Stories – There isn’t a plan to roll this out to the newsfeed, but you may see the ability to add links to your Stories. This is only in testing and may not appear consistently until it is rolled out.
- LinkedIn Grows Revenue and Engagements – LinkedIn posted record revenue (up 46%), 30% growth in sessions and record engagements.
Snapchat and TikTok News Updates
- Snapchat Launches My Places – Users can now share their favorite places, making it easy for users to explore places recommended by their friends. This can be a great way to grow visibility for local businesses.
- TikTok launches new Live Features – These include live scheduled events that can be promoted, live Q&A and co-streaming.
- TikTok Rolls out 3 Minute Videos – They are allowing longer videos to allow more creativity on the platform (the current limit is 60 seconds).
Google News Updates
- Google Shows Why Sites Rank – This is visible to users – they can see the specific factors that lead to ranking in a new effort towards transparency.
- YouTube Adds Chapters Automatically – You may see this on your YouTube videos as they are now using AI to automatically add chapters.
Industry News Updates
- New CMO Report Shows Top 5 Deficiencies of Marketing Organizations – Not surprisingly, they are all digital capabilities.