December 2022 Digital News Updates: Meta Professional Mode, LinkedIn Scheduling + Ads Guide
Facebook News Updates
- Meta Launched New Report on What Drives Consumer Behavior – The report is very detailed data but shows that video, social commerce and recommendations are key drivers of consumer behavior. If these aren’t in your 2023 plans they should be.
- Meta Launches Professional Mode for All Creators – Check out the new features you may have access to.
Instagram News Updates
- Instagram Adds BeReal Features – Instagram added the front/back camera earlier in the year but they are now testing more BeReal features. Look for these coming to Instagram soon. This update also shows the platform’s interest in posting authentic content.
- Instagram Shares Trend Report – This report shows what GenZ is up to. If you market to younger audiences, check out the trends to integrate into your 2023 plans.
- Instagram Lets You Add Music to Still Images – Cool right?
- Instagram Updates Web Interface – This will take advantage of bigger screens and provide a better overall experience.
Twitter News Updates
- Twitter Puts Recommended Tweets in All Feeds – In an effort to increase discoverability.
LinkedIn News Updates
- LinkedIn Pages Updates – LinkedIn launched a number of updates to increase the value of Pages. First, you can now feature your newsletter more prominently on your Page and publish recurring articles. Second product listings are now searchable and have the ability to highlight features. Third, Pages have updated competitor analytics with even more information.
- LinkedIn is Rolling out Scheduling – Users are currently seeing this in Android apps and web. While it is currently limited, expect to see more accounts and channels added. As with most LinkedIn rollouts, users don’t all have access to this feature yet.
- LinkedIn Adds Creator Analytics – This gives creators more data including follower growth and post stats. It can also be exported to easily view.
- LinkedIn Created a New Ads Guide – This streamlines the ability for advertisers to understand their options and plan campaigns. If you are new to LinkedIn ads, check this out!
- LinkedIn Rolls Out Filtered Inbox – This should get more spam out of your inbox. Personally, I haven’t seen the impact yet, but maybe as it rolls out and optimizes it will get better.
- LinkedIn Shares Guide on How to Improve Content Performance – Creativity is vital – even in B2B. Check out this guide to take your creative to the next level.
TikTok News Update
YouTube + Google News Update
- YouTube Launches New Interface – With an all new look and better user features like pinch to zoom.
- YouTube Rolls Out Guest Live Features – All accounts should get access to have guests join on Live feeds.
- Google Updates Helpful Content December 5 – The new algorithm update expands on the helpful content concept that rewards the most useful content. This could lead to changes in your content rankings.
- Google Desktop Search is Continuously Scrollable – This should lead to more views on lower ranking content as users don’t have to click to view more pages.
- Google CPL Increases Across Most Industries – By 19% on average – so expect your costs to rise.