Facebook News Updates
- Facebook and Apple Feud over Data – The next update to IOS will require users to opt-in to tracking. It is assumed that most users won’t opt-in, which will significantly reduce the amount of data that advertisers like Facebook use to target their ads with machine learning. The impact is yet to be seen, but Facebook positions themselves as helping small businesses and Apple positions it as data protection.
- Facebook Breaks Down the Newsfeed Algo – Facebook has shared an update about how the newsfeed ranking algorithm works. It is in plain english with examples, so a great resource for people who don’t understand it.
- Facebook US Growth Stalls – Daily and monthly active users in the US and Canada are stagnant based on Facebooks annual report.
Instagram News Updates
- Instagram Launches Recently Deleted Folder – You can find photos you may have accidentally deleted 😉
LinkedIn News Updates
- LinkedIn Ads, Users and Engagement all Up – Based on earnings reports from Microsoft, LinkedIn saw 30% growth in sessions and revenue is up 23%.
- LinkedIn Shares Usage Stats – It is growing quickly and has an engaged audience. Get the stats to see how it is growing.
- Twitter Launches 2021 Events Calendar – Want to keep your content relevant? Use the Twitter events calendar to discover major global events to be aware of.
Google News Updates
- Google Ads Contextual Panels with Site Data – This allows users to quickly tell if a site is secure and trustworthy. It is probably worth it to see how your site shows up.
- Google My Business New Performance Reports – Get your vitals in a quick snapshot to see how your profile is growing your business. You can also have these delivered to your inbox.