Facebook News Updates
- Facebook Launches Audio Rooms – Select public figures and groups can host audio rooms with up to 50 speakers and unlimited listeners. Facebook stated they want to make audio a premier format.
- Facebook Launches Podcasts – Podcast page owners were notified that they can now share their podcasts directly on Facebook and newsfeed posts are automatically created when a new episode launches.
Twitter News Updates
- Twitter Adds Ads into Fleets – Fleets is the Twitter version of Stories – and ads will now be available in this format.
- Twitter Launches Twitter Blue Subscription Service – Appearing in the app store at $2.99 – however it isn’t yet active and Twitter hasn’t commented on the functionality. The belief is that it will be a paid service that will provide premium options for users.
Instagram News Updates
- Instagram Allows Desktop Posts – This new feature has been spotted by users on Macs. It isn’t officially announced by Instagram yet, but look for the ability to post directly from your desktop right in Instagram.
- Instagram Algorithm Revealed – The CEO of Instagram shared key insights on the algorithm in a blog post. The algorithms are broken down for each type of content, but come down to the same key variables – the content, the poster, your activity and your history with the poster. This underscores the importance of keeping your content consistently engaging to maintain organic reach.
- Instagram to Focus on Video – The head of Instagram shared where Instagram will focus in the future – Video, Creators, Shopping and Messaging.
- LinkedIn Acquires Virtual Event Platform – They are betting big on virtual events after integrating with zoom and other platforms earlier this year. The latest acquisition suggests they’ll be brining more virtual events into the platform.
TikTok News Updates
- TikTok Triples Length of Videos – Now videos can be up to 3 minutes.
Google News Updates
- Google Launches Search Console Insights – Giving users better insights on specific content performance. Get details on ranking, average duration and more to see how your site content performs.
- Google Launches July 1 Core Algorithm Update – This is a continuation of the June update. If you are seeing negative impacts in search results, look into the update and how it may impact you.
- Google to Delay Cookie Blocking Unitil 2023 – While other browsers are already rolling this out, Google will wait an additional year vs. their plan to block 3rd party tracking cookies.
Industry News Updates
- Instagram is the Top Platform Used by Marketers – A new study shows the platforms that marketers intend to use in the coming years. Instagram tops the charts.
- Spotify Launches Greenroom Audio App – This allows users to create live audio rooms and turn these into podcasts.
- LinkedIn Share Top In-Demand Skills – They are primarily in digital and marketing skills are in high demand. The biggest skills gap also is present in digital marketing skills. There has never been a better time to upskill.