Facebook News Updates
- Meta Launches new Community Reviews Guidelines – Meta now has clear guidelines for community reviews and Q&A. This may help businesses fight back against fake reviews. It also specifically limits incentivization with an aim of keeping reviews authentic.
Facebooks Main Feed will Look More Like TikTok – With more discovery built-in in an effort to take on the popular video platform. This could mean more reach for great content and bring back the opportunity to truly go viral on Facebook.
- Meta Adds Targeting Detail to Ads Library – For political and social issue ads you can now see the specific targeting used in the ads. Be careful how you target as this is now public information (only for political and social ads).
LinkedIn News Updates
- LinkedIn Launches Laugh Emoji – Not sure what is so funny on LinkedIn, but you can now laugh about it.
LinkedIn Launches New Guide for Employer Branding – With examples and best practices. Check this out if you use LinkedIn for employer branding.
- LinkedIn Adds Custom URLs to Profiles – You can now add a URL to your profile to promote your website or business.
- LinkedIn Adds Live Captions for Audio Events – I’m not sure how big audio events are, but this is a nice move to make them more accessible.
- LinkedIn Simplifies Sharing – You can now reshare or reshare with your thoughts making this process easier.
- LinkedIn Live Events get More Commenting Options – Designed to increase engagements with replies and threaded discussions in live events.
- Twitter is Most Used Among Journalists – If you want to connect with journalists, Twitter is the most used platform by journalists.
- Twitter is Expanding into Long Form Content – Stay tuned for a rollout date, but Twitter is adding Notes to allow long form content on the platform.
- TikTok Opens API – You can now post and schedule from popular social platforms directly onto the platform. This will really open TikTok up to marketers who struggle with natively using the platform.
- YouTube Shorts is Growing to 1.5 Billion Viewers – YouTubes version of TikTok – shorts – it now has over 1.5 billion month views.
Industry News Updates
- Digital Ad Budgets Diversify – Ad spending is becoming more diverse with spending from the 3 big players (Google, Meta + Amazon) declining. Other channels are growing like Walmart, Spotify, Snapchat, Instacart, Roku and more. This also signals more opportunities for marketers – especially on lower-funnel platforms and marketplaces.
Meta + Tech Giants For Meta Standards Body – Setting standards in the Metaverse will make it accessible to more people more quickly and make advertising easier.
- Metavers Spending Expected to be HUGE – A lot of this isn’t necessarily driven by “meta” but includes games like Roblox and Minecraft. Projections are $5 Trillion in spending.
- Adobe Plans to Make Photoshop on the Web Free for Everyone – Possibly combatting online tools like Canva and Picmonkey, photoshop is launching a free online version.