June 2021 Digital Marketing News Updates
Facebook News Updates
- Facebook Shares Details on Ad Review Policies – As more and more advertisers seem to complain about ad review issues, Facebook has detailed their ad review policy. While it doesn’t have a lot of detail, automated reviews may be part of the challenge.
- Facebook Announces Live Shopping Fridays – Lookout Home Shopping Network!!! Facebook is testing live-stream video shopping with select retailers until mid-July. Stay tuned to see how this goes and if it leads to a broader roll-out.
Twitter News Updates
- Twitter Launches Features for Spaces – Spaces is Twitters version of audio and now has more features. Users can now schedule broadcasts and sends out notifications. This can provide more visibility for Spaces and increase attendance.
- Twitter Relaunches (then pauses) Verification – Twitter had paused verifications after a number of issues. They finally announced the reopening, however after only a week they paused verifications because of demand.
Instagram News Updates
- Instagram Allows Users to Hide Likes – Coming to Facebook and Instagram, users will be able to choose to hide likes on their accounts. This is optional but gives more choices to users.
- Better Insights for Live and Reels – Instagram offers insights for business accounts using Reels and Live video to provide more performance data.
- LinkedIn Launches Branding Guide – To help businesses to use the platform as a brand building tool. This is a great tool to understanding to use the full scope of LinkedIn tools for branding objectives.
- LinkedIn Launches Boosted Posts and Event Ads – Making is easier to quickly boost posts, users can now boost directly in their Page. They also added ads for events to grow your attendance. LinkedIn has been organically promoting LinkedIn events for a while now, so adding the ad option can grow exposure even further.
Pinterest News Updates
- Pinterest Rebrands Idea Pins – Rebranding “story” pins to idea pins which allows business accounts to create high-quality (not disappearing) video content.
Industry News Updates
- TikTok Marketing Guide – TikTok launched a new marketing guide (60 pages) to help businesses make better use of the platform.
- Zoom Announced Virtual Events Platform – Zoom is ready to go with their new events platform this summer allowing for full event management. Zoom is already the most popular video platform, so bringing events to the platform will only make it more full-service for marketers.
- Social Media Demographics Report – Check it out to see the demographics of social media users.